I’d like to thank AmbitioninTheCity for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I am honored by this acknowledgement of my efforts with my new blog here at Wonder Sonder. If you haven’t already done so, do take the time to visit Ambition in the City’s home page, when you get a chance. It’s filled with interesting insights from a life coach based in NYC, who whilst claiming it’s not professional words of wisdom, comes up with fantastic insights which will definitely have you thinking otherwise. I truly appreciate the award!
Now onto the Rules:
1. You must link back the person who nominated you.
2. You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers
4. You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees
10 Questions from AmbitionintheCity
1. What is your “super power” that makes you different from everyone else?
I am always up for adventure, to the point where I sometimes wonder where this energy comes from. I have a reputation amongst my close friends for being up for anything and everything, at whatever time of the day or night, and I think this sets me apart from other folks.
Years after I’ve had contact with some friends, they’ve come back and thanked me for going on the one rickety roller coaster that none of our other friends would take, or saying yes to a road trip cross country across the States, or even searching for souvlaki at 3 AM in NYC. I like to think that this is a pretty unique quality, because it also means that I’m not fussed about minor things like trying different cuisines. My motto is that you can’t say you don’t like it, unless you’ve tried it.
2. Who, what, and/or where does your blogging inspiration come from?
My blogging inspiration comes from Anais Nin’s diaries. Nin was an avid diarist, and I have loved going through all the volumes of her work.
I have kept a journal for years, and never shared anything with everyone, as my need for perfection has led me to hide from public forums for a really long time. Yet, I can write for hours on end without getting bored, and sometimes I even dream about writing.
It took me a while to realize this, but if you think you’re meant to write, you probably are.
Hence, the blog.
3. What are you looking forward to the most during the month of September?
I had a great time seeing my nephew and my sisters in September. Unfortunately it took some time to put up my thoughts, which I guess relates to the fact that I must stop procrastinating immediately!
4. Name something you’ve learned recently.
You can’t hold on to what is not there anymore. When I came back to Bangladesh after years of living abroad, I automatically took friendships for granted with certain folks. But the thing is, people change, you change, and circumstances change.
Hence, you have to begin somewhere, and even if this beginning is derived from letting go, learning how to let go, you must do it.
5. If you could be extremely good at any one thing, what would it be?
I would love to be extremely good at scuba diving. When I went snorkeling for the first time some years ago, I was really amazed by marine life, something you can’t really see in most of the waters of Bangladesh- an understandable reality given the country’s beaches are also the emptying basin for most of the major subcontinental rivers, hence making the water muddy.
I started believing in magic again, after snorkeling. One day I’d like to be able to overcome my fear of water entirely, and be good at scuba diving.
6. What scares you the most?
Being unwanted. Nothing makes me feel sadder or more upset than my fear of loneliness.
7. What is the first thing you do in the morning?
I take a shower.
8. Who inspires you?
Anyone who is outspoken. I don’t care if you’re outspoken to the point where some folks may misunderstand and misinterpret your zealous opinions of anything and everything- if you’ve got a strong personality, chances are, I’ll be very drawn to you, and chances are, I will forget any abrasive comments, and be loyal till your dying day.
I find such folks have a great deal of energy and are passionate, which is what, for me, ultimately makes a strong individual and is the marker of a beautiful human being.
9. What are you procrastinating on now?
I am downloading the “Young and Beautiful” song by Lana Del Rey. It’s been haunting me since I saw “The Great Gatsby.” I guess I’m also procrastinating on this post though, as I still haven’t gotten it up!
10. What are (at least) three things that make you really happy?
I think about this question every day. It obviously depends on the setting, but my all time favourite happy things include the scent of lavender, freshly washed laundry, beautiful music, great sex, good friends, massages, people who are comfortable with themselves, dignified human beings, macademia nuts, a glass of prosecco, rooftops, epic movies, traveling.
10 Questions for the nominees
1. What is one of the key things you have learned whilst traveling?
2. Do you think magic exists?
3. If you could give one piece of advice to a massive audience, what would it be and why?
4. What is your favorite animal?
5. What five destinations make your bucket list (please only mention those places you haven’t been to yet)?
6. The world is about to end. You, however, are going to be saved, and you get to bring along only 2 items. What do you bring? Why?
7. Define what love means to you.
8. Do you think it is possible to remain dignified if you are unable to keep your temper cool?
9. In your view, what is the one topic of discussion you wish people would cover but doesn’t receive enough press?
10. Name 7 things that inspire you.
Congrats to the nominees! I appreciate each and every one of you for all that you bring to your readers. Thank you for inspiring me, whether it is through your sense of style or photographic take on life, or your beautiful posts and insights on all things that move you. Keep on rocking, beautiful folks, and I look forward to hearing from each and every one on you!